Thanks to the generosity of many dedicated donors, the National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) offers a variety of scholarships to outstanding Italian American students from a variety of academic disciplines and backgrounds. Potential applicants are encouraged to browse the various scholarship funds to learn more about specific eligibility criteria in addition to the general NIAF eligibility criteria.
Only one application needed. See How to Apply section on NIAF website.
NIAF Eligibility Criteria
- Be enrolled in a US accredited institution of higher education on a full time basis for the Fall 2022 semester
- Have a GPA of at least 3.5 out of 4.0 (or the equivalent). (Some scholarships require a lower GPA for eligibility. Students in a pass-fail system are also eligible.)
- Be a United States Citizen or permanent resident alien.
- Have Italian American ancestry. To be considered Italian American, the student must have at least one ancestor who has immigrated from Italy
- Have an active NIAF Membership. Student may use their parent, guardian or grandparent’s membership.